Regents Park Christian School
Technology plays a large role in our studentsí lives. Personal devices can enhance and enrich learning opportunities both at home and at school. RPCS is committed to allowing responsible, learning-centred use of personal devices at school so as to provide as many pathways to understanding as possible for our students.
RPCS will allow only the use of devices that comply with the BYOD Minimum Specifications document.
Year 10, 11 and 12 students are expected to bring their own devices under the terms of the BYOD policy and the BYOD student agreement.
Where Year 10, 11 or 12 students need to have access to a computer for a particular lesson or activity, the school aims to provide a computer for any student who is unable to bring their own, so that no student is disadvantaged.
Access to the RPCS wireless network, whether with school-provided or personal devices, is filtered in compliance with RPCS Acceptable User Policy. However, access from personal devices is limited to MOODLE, Internet and email use only.
Access to the RPCS wireless guest network is a privilege, not a right. Any use of the wireless network requires personal responsibility and compliance with all school rules and the RPCS Acceptable Use Policy. In using the wireless network you willingly grant IT staff permission to conduct any necessary investigations regarding inappropriate Internet use at any time.
Guidelines for use
- Use of personal laptop or tablet devices during the school day is at the discretion of teachers and staff. Students may only use these devices as and when directed by their teacher.
- Personal devices at school are to be used for genuine educational purposes only .
- The use of a personal device is not to be a distraction in any way to teachers or students. The use of personal devices must not disrupt class in any way.
- The use of personal devices is covered by the Acceptable Use Policy, found on Moodle and on the school website
- Students are not permitted to use personal devices outside scheduled classroom times (i.e. recess or lunch, except in the Library, where indicated)
- Students must bring their device to school fully charged. There are minimal charging facilities at school.
- Students agree not to attempt to circumvent the schoolís network security and/or filtering policies. This includes tethering, setting up proxies and downloading programs or apps to bypass security.
- Students shall not take or distribute pictures or video of students or staff without their express permission.
- No inappropriate content may be stored, displayed or accessed on the device.
Consequences for Misuse/Disruption (one or more may apply):
- The device is taken away for the period or the rest of the school day
- The device is taken away and kept with the Assistant Principal until a parent/guardian picks it up
- The student is refused permission to use personal devices at school
- Disciplinary action including detention / suspension / exclusion from school may be imposed.
School Liability Statement
Students bring their own personal devices to use at RPCS at their own risk. It is each student's duty to be responsible in the upkeep and protection (anti-virus software / security settings) of their device.
The school will NOT be responsible for:
- Personal devices that are broken/damaged while at school or during school-related activities
- Personal devices that are lost or stolen at school or during school-related activities
- Maintenance or upkeep of any personal device (keeping it charged, installing updates or upgrades, fixing any software or hardware issues). School licenced software will not be installed on student personal devices.
NAME:†††† ____________________________________ †††††††† YEAR:††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
STUDENT MOBILE:††† ____________________ ††††† HOME PHONE:†††††††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
FATHERíS MOBILE: †† ____________________ ††††† MOTHERíS MOBILE:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
TYPE OF DEVICE:††††††† ____________________ ††††† SERIAL NUMBER:††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
WIRELESS MAC ADDRESS (if possible):_________________________________________________
After approval has been granted the student takes this form and the device to the IT Department for processing.
Regents Park Christian School
BRING-YOUR-OWN-DEVICE STUDENT AGREEMENT
Students who wish to take advantage of the BYOD policy must read this agreement in the company of an adult unless otherwise excused by the principal.
This page is to be signed and returned to the school.
By signing at the bottom of this page, students agree to the following :
1. I agree to abide by the RPCS BYOD Policy and the RPCS Computer Acceptable Usage Policy.
2. I will bring the device to school fully charged and will only use the device for school-related educational purposes while at school.
3. I agree that use of my device during school activities is at the direction of the teacher.
4. I agree to only ever use my own portal/internet log-in details and never share those with others.
5. I agree to not hack or bypass any hardware and software security implemented by the school.
6. I agree to not use my device to knowingly search for, link to, access or send anything that is; offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, defamatory, considered bullying behaviour.
7. I agree to report inappropriate behaviour and material to my teacher.
8. I agree to stay safe by not giving out my personal information to strangers.
9. I agree that my use of the School's internet will be primarily for learning.
10. I understand that my activity on the internet is recorded and these records may be used in investigations, court proceedings or for other legal reasons.
11. I acknowledge that the Principal or his nominee may search the studentís electronic device where there are reasonable grounds to do so.
12. I acknowledge that the school cannot be held responsible for any damage to or theft of my device.
13. I understand that if I break any of the school regulations for the use of devices or the internet whilst at school, I will face consequences, including possibly losing the privilege of using my own personal device at school.
STUDENT FULL NAME:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† YEAR:††† _________________
STUDENT SIGNATURE:††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† DATE:††† _________________
PARENT/GUARDIAN SIGNATURE:†† _______________________ †† DATE:††† _________________
SCHOOL OFFICIAL SIGNATURE:††††††† _______________________ †† DATE:††† _________________
REGENTS PARK CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
Standard Collection Notice
1. Regents Park Christian School (the School) collects personal information, including sensitive information about pupils and parents or guardians before and during the course of a pupil's enrolment at the School. This may be in writing or in the course of conversations. The primary purpose of collecting this information is to enable the School to provide schooling to the pupil and to enable them to take part in all the activities of the School.
2. Some of the information we collect is to satisfy the School's legal obligations, particularly to enable the School to discharge its duty of care.
3. Laws governing or relating to the operation of a school require certain information to be collected and disclosed. These include relevant Education Acts, and Public Health and Child Protection laws.
4. Health information about pupils is sensitive information within the terms of the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act. We may ask you to provide medical reports about pupils from time to time.
5. The School from time to time discloses personal and sensitive information to others for administrative and educational purposes, including to facilitate the transfer of a pupil to another school. This includes to other schools, government departments, medical practitioners, and people providing services to the School, including specialist visiting teachers and tutors, coaches, volunteers and counsellors.
6. Personal information collected from pupils is regularly disclosed to their parents or guardians.
7. The School may store personal information in the 'cloud' which may mean that it resides on servers which are situated outside Australia.
10. As you may know the School from time to time engages in fundraising activities. Information received from you may be used to make an appeal to you. It may also be disclosed to organisations that assist in the School's fundraising activities solely for that purpose. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
11. On occasions information such as academic and sporting achievements, pupil activities and similar news is published in School newsletters and magazines and on our website. Electronic images of pupils and other members of the school community of activities such as sporting events, school camps and school excursions may be taken for publication in School newsletters and magazines and on our website.
12. We may include pupils' and pupils' parents' contact details in a class list and School directory.
13. If you provide the School with the personal information of others, such as doctors or emergency contacts, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information to the School and why, that they can access that information if they wish and that the School does not usually disclose this information to third parties.